Tuesday 3 February 2009

Film Treatment

The film opens on a dark street, we watch a man from above as he walks along the street in a dark trench coat, he is wearing a hat and smoking a cigarette, he turns under the streetlight and enters a house.


We follow him into the private investigator’s office. The P.I appears shocked to see him. The man introduces himself and takes a seat, lighting a cigarette, although we can only see him from behind. He tells the P.I that his wife is having an affair. They then talk for a while, the P.I becoming seemingly increasingly more uneasy, before the man pushes a large black briefcase towards the P.I. He informs him that he wants either his wife or her lover killed by the P.I.


The man then leaves whilst the P.I is staring at the briefcase which we see contains a gun, a passport and the picture of the wife. We hear footsteps coming down the stairs into the P.I’s office. A woman walks in, its the same woman in the photo; the man’s wife. She asks the P.I what her husband wanted, knowing he may have discovered her. The P.I responds by snapping closed the briefcase and replying, ‘nothing’. She walks over and kisses him, while his hand rests firmly on the case.


The film finishes with a shot of the husband walking down the same street away from the office, lighting up a cigarette and smiling devilishly to himself.


The end


No comments:

Post a Comment